Skip to main content

Featured

Must See: Montana Fall Road Trip - 2022

Wild Goose Overlook - St. Mary's Lake - East Side Going to the Sun Road - Glacier National Park Fall is like the blissful sunset of a beautiful day. The colors of the year blazing into brilliant reds and oranges. The weather holding out the last vestiges of warmth. And all the world seems to be curling up over a cozy mug of hot chocolate in the waning light. Just before the cold night of winter settles in. I love fall. And everything that it brings with it. Especially, I love the mountains in fall. How they can go from striking to moody in a matter of moments. And, (even) most especially, I love Glacier National Park in the fall. It is spectacle for the senses. Bright colors. Cool breezes. Altitudes and reflections. Hiking. Grazing moose. Scampering bears.  Head out highway 2 toward West Glacier and you are astounded by the sheer mountainous walls marking the entrance to the park. But, before you do that, my wife reminds me in one of those step on the brakes sort of ways, you absol

Must See: Washington, DC

DC - A Photo Essay

The US Capitol building on a cool summer's evening.

My Time in DC:

The start of this fall marks the beginning of my 13th season in DC. I have been in Washington, DC, now for a little over three years. In that time I started and completed law school, integrated into a great church, made tons of new friends, and generally experienced life. I got caught in an elevator during an earthquake, moved during a hurricane, and squashed thousands of mosquitoes. As a photographer, I now have images of Wolf Blitzer, Justice Ginsberg, Snowmageddon, countless protests, and random tourists. But, the most intriguing thing for me has always been the city itself. So, I wanted to share with you how I have come to know it over these last 1122 days.

Here goes:
Snowmageddon - February 2010
The First Storm - December 2009
A winter's visitor - Lincoln Memorial
Cherry Blossoms - Spring 2012
Jefferson Memorial surrounded by cherry blossoms - Spring 2012
Lincoln Memorial - Spring 2010
Lincoln Memorial - Fall 2009 and Spring 2010
Catching the Metro - Summer 2012
Library of Congress - Summer 2012
Headed Home - US Capitol and Library of Congress - Summer 2012
Smithsonian Museum of Natural History Atrium - Summer 2012
The National Mall at Sunset - Summer 2012
Georgetown - Fall 2011 | US Capitol - Summer 2012 | Union Station - Summer 2012
Arlington National Cemetery - Spring 2010 | Vietnam Memorial Wall - Fall 2011
Viewing DC from Virginia - Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials - Fall 2010


I want to give a big thank you to everyone that has helped with this project over time. You know who you are. You traipsed along with me. You waited for me for exceptional lengths of time as a composed and shot. You cajoled me into moving one. You told me you were frozen and couldn't wait anymore. You gave up a Saturday morning to go shoot with me. And you constantly wondered why my favorite times of day were just before sunrise and just before sunset. So, to the impromptu models, the conscripted mules, the patient companions, the light holders, the tripods, the students, the wandering tourist, and to those who gently remind me that there will be another great shot out there, thank you.

Brad Kehr is photographer specializing in events, portraits, and landscape. As a recent Georgetown Law graduate he enjoys exploring DC with his new found free time and sharing what he finds through pictures. You can follow him on Instagram at @bradkehrphoto, catch his website at www.bradkehrphotography.com, catch him on Twitter, or find him on Facebook.

Popular Posts